Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Windey Road and Johnny Mathis


MAY 15, 2012

You can't walk down the mountain to the main drag - Sunset Boulevard - because the road is narrow and windey, and people FLY around the curves. Day before yesterday I was coming home from yoga and two black Mercedes had crashed nearly head-on into each other. Both drivers were walking around dazed. One was crying.  Everybody had their cell phone out, though, so I moved on up the mountain. Slowly.

Tomorrow I’m going to walk up the hill on the other side of the street, where I’ve seen the guy upstairs walk  his dog. “What’s up there?” I asked him today. “Nothing, it’s just where [his glorious Great Dane] goes to pee.  Johnny Mathis lives up there.” Oh, how old is he now? Like 100? I ask. “No, he’s in his 70s. He drives a red Mercedes.”

No comments:

Post a Comment